light cocoon harness
Matador Alpin is a cocoon harness made for thermal flying, cross-country and competition pilots who appreciate aerodynamic characteristics and extremely low weight of only 3,0kg.
for cross country and thermal flights
The harness geometry is specially designed for comfortable cross-country and thermal flying.
flexible seat shell
The Matador Alpin seat shell allows the harness to be used with or without a seat board, depending on personal preference.
reduced weight with carbon parts
If you prefer to fly with a seatboard, the optional carbon seatboard and carbon footplate can still reduce the weight.
easy entry and exit
Due to the closure system with variable opening of the leg bag, you can easily get out and in of the leg bag even during the flight.
large foam protector
The large foam protector combines high protection and aerodynamic goodness in an ideal way!
- Excellent seating comfort - either with or without seat board
- Serial honeycomb seat board and base plate
- Optionally available carbon seat board and foot plate
save 410g weight
- Aerodynamic silhouette
- Very low weight of 3,6kg (size M)
- Ultra-light, aerodynamic and windproof speed bag
- Length and angle of speed bag individually adjustable
- Friction-reduced, double-stage accelerator slide
- Get-Up belt lock system with safety T-bar
- Newly developed rescue bridle made of Dyneema; strength 2.800 daN
- Prepared for application of a drinking system
- Long and thick foam protector reaching up the back
- Removable cockpit
- Various speed bag sizes available
- Speed bag available in size S, M, L
|160 - 180 cm
|170 - 195 cm
|harness weight carbon version
|seat board size (width/length)
|30 cm x 30 cm
|30 cm x 30 cm
|EN1651 & LTF 91/09
|EN1651 & LTF 91/09
The sizes given only are references, as the individually suitable size differs according to physique and personal preferences. There are 3 speed bag sizes available, which can be used for each of the two harness sizes.
|25 mm Polyester
|leg and chest closures
|Finsterwalder PL-Hook, AustriAlpin Cobra
|Finsterwalder Snap Lock
|seat board and foot plate
|synthetic or optionally carbon
Matador Alpin is made for ambitious pilots in thermal flying and in cross-country flying as well as competitors, who appreciate high seating comfort, ideal aerodynamic characteristics, lowest equipment weight and extremely low packed measure.
The speed system of Matador Alpin is attached to the speed bag by a rubber band. Thus it always is in the right position and easy to get hold of.
No. Matador Alpin comes with a 17cm foam protector reaching up the back. The deceleration values achieved at certification tests with Matador Alpin are pretty good!
No! We have taken utmost care about that topic and designed it to be absolutely comfortable to wear. During take-off and landing the leg loops adhere closely to the thighs due to their well-thoughtout positioning. Additionally the leg belts are covered with soft neoprene.
Yes. The deployment bag meets the current LTF requirements, thus is compatible with all common rescue systems (annular and cruciform parachutes).
No. Even if you fold the harness compactly in order to pack it into a pack sack, the foam is going to unfold itself quickly within seconds. Only at very low temperatures it might take a bit longer to unfold properly.
If you don't use Matador Alpin for a long period of time, it is advisable to store the harness unfolded and not to leave it in your pack sack.
Suitable products and accessory for this harness
- Light rescue parachute for heavy total load
- Very low sink rate, very fast opening
- Light reserve for high load, very low sink rate
- Contrallability can be activated
- Very light parachute for huge total load
- Extremely low sink rate, very fast opening
- High-Level LTF/EN B
- Weight optimised XC intermediate
G-force brake parachute is made to reduce physical stress when flying spirals. It needs to be attached to your harness.
Various holders for action cams such as GoPro. Magnetplates, a chase parachute and more.
Towing device SK2 with integrated towing support.
The independence packing kit contains everything you need to re-pack your rescue parachute.